Thursday, February 12, 2009

Swimsuits and birthday

I love the fact that I can get pretty much anything made here. It still amazes me and I am so glad that I can take advantage of it. Yesterday, Laura and I went with Rosemary to get some swimsuits made for us. We both had some material we had found and found pictures of what we wanted while we were in Lima. So we took the material, the pictures and headed to the store. Now the name of the store might mis-lead you if you didn't know any better...but Rosemary says they make good swimsuits. The store's name....Sexi Cho'pa (Sexy Shop). I wanted two swimsuits so that I have options...options are always good. So I decided to get one tankini and one 1 piece. I only had enough material for the tankini so I decided to look at the material at the shop. I found the best material! If I wear my 1 piece and sit on our couch...I will blend in! The print on my 1 piece is a Shipibo Indian print in black and brown...I am very excited to see what it looks like all done. Oh and get this....the total cost for two custom made swimsuits...is about $30! Crazy and wonderful all at the same time!

Tomorrow for my birthday, Laura is making my favorite meal, Honey Glazed Chicken and we invited the guys and Karen and Victoria over for dinner. We will then probably play games and just enjoy hanging out. I am looking forward to just spending time with friends on my birthday. School is a short day and so I have all afternoon to relax and really enjoy my birthday. It is still kind of weird however to have hot weather on my birthday down here...I am too used to the snow and cold. =) I definitely don't miss it though! Thanks to all who have sent me birthday wishes, cards and packages...it makes my birthday all the better!

No comments: