Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What would you do...

if you had an ANT inside of your ear? That was my problem tonight. I was locking up after prayer meeting and was walking back to my house when I heard a sound in my left ear. At first I thought it might be my jaw clicking again (like it tends to do with my arthritis). So as I am walking back to my house I am shaking my head to see if it was something inside or just my jaw. I still couldn't tell, so I decided to wait for it to go away. I was about to sit down in the cool room when I heard it again and sort of felt like something was inside. So I slightly freak out to myself and head over to Rosemary's house for her to look in my ear. I was very concerned that it might be a cockroach and that really grossed me out.

So, Rosemary looked in my ear and didn't see anything. But decided that it might be an ant and suggested that I put a fruitloop on my ear to attract the ant. So I sat at her house with a fruitloop in my ear waiting for the ant to come out. Well, apparently I have a very stubborn ant in my ear. He didn't want to come out. We tried a frosted flake next, but no luck. Then we tried flushing him out, but that didn't work either. Finally, after not hearing or feeling him for a while, we have given up. I am just going to have to wait for him to come out on his own...hopefully soon! There will be a picture posted later of me with the fruitloop in my ear.

I want to know what you would do if you had an ant in your ear?

1 comment:

Karin R. said...

What would I do if I had an ant in my ear?

Maybe a little honey on the edge of the opening to the ear?

How about a little sugar water?

Maybe a turkey baster? You know. . .push all the air out. . .then place the tip in your ear and gently let it suck out the ant??

Hope you get it out soon!