Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Overcoming a fear!

Yesterday I overcame a fear that I didn't realize I had. The house I have been staying at this week has a deck that during rainy season goes out over the lake. Well the water is high enough now that you can jump off the deck into the lake. So Laura came over on Monday and jumped off...but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Then yesterday Marshall and Kimberly were out there and we decided to go sit on the deck. Of course you can only sit out there so long before you want to get in the water...the easiest way in...to jump! So Marshall and Laura put the ladder down and both of them jumped no problem. I just could not seem to get myself to jump off the deck into the lake. I tried multiple times and just as I would get the edge I would freeze up and couldn't jump. Well, I finally decided I needed to do it no matter how scared I might be. So I asked Marshall to push me in. He wasn't too sure about that because he didn't want to hurt me...but I knew it was the only way I would actually get in the lake. So he pushed me off the deck into the lake...and it was GREAT!!! After that I had no problem throwing myself off the deck into the lake below. We had a lot of fun jumping off and trying to make some big splashes...Marshall won! It feels good to be able to say that I have jumped off the deck and to know that I can do it again without a problem. Sadly, I don't have a picture so you will have to just imagine me jumping off a deck into a very brown lake below!

No comments: