Saturday, March 15, 2008

My many travels

Well, I am almost back to Pucallpa after 2 1/2 weeks of traveling. I am currently in Lima and fly out tomorrow morning...I can´t wait to get home. I have been to many different places in my 2 1/2 weeks of travel...I went from Pucallpa to Lima, Lima to Tacna, Tacna to Chile, Chile back to Tacna, Tacna to Arequipa, Arequipa to conference, conference back to Arequipa, Arequipa to Lima, Lima to Piura, Piura to Mancora, Mancora to Piura, Piura to Lima and finally Lima back to Pucallpa. It has been crazy times but also lots of fun. Conference was great! I really enjoyed being with all the SAM Peru missionaries and getting to just hang out with them. They are a great group of people and made the week fly by. Our speaker for the week was great and it was fun getting to hang out with him and get to know him. I also got to hang out with him and his wife today while they were hanging out at the guest house waiting for their flight back to the States. They are a great couple and lots of fun. It was also nice to have more young people to hang out with. It was fun to hang out with Tim and Hannah, Sierra, Kyle, Chris, David, Kelly and Emily. They are all great people and it was fun getting to see them all together.

After conference Emily, Kelly, Matt and I all spent a few days in Arequipa...it was fun to get to know the city a little better. Especially since I will be living there this summer for a little bit. We got to do some fun things and just enjoy the beautifulness of the city and the wonderful food they have there. We then all headed back to Lima for the night before flying to Piura on Monday for our vacation. While we were here in Lima for the night, Emily´s boyfriend came down and surprised her for the week. It was a good surprise and I think they had a good time hanging out with each other this week. So the 5 of us (Kelly, Matt, Emily, Jared and myself) headed to the beach for a nice vacation. For the most part it was a great vacation...it was nice to be back somewhere warm after the mountains but not as hot and humid as the jungle. We got to do some really cool things while we were there. We rented a yatch and got to go snorkeling along the coast of Peru. We also rented a dune buggy and got to go exploring along the crazy dirt roads of Mancora. Kelly and Matt took surf lessons and we ate at some wonderful and amazing restaurants! The food was so good, it makes it hard to want to go back to cooking all my own food.

Anyway, like I said for the most part it was a great vacation. There were a few times when I just wanted to be back home in my own bed with the hot mugginess and bugs. But I am glad to have had the time away to relax and enjoy my friends. I´m sure there is a lot more that I should write about, but I don´t feel like it right now. So I am going to end this post for now. When I get home I will try posting a least a few of the many pictures I took while I was gone. Until then...have a great night!

No comments: