Saturday, March 29, 2008

Well, another weekend over and back to school I go. It is always nice to have a relaxing weekend to just kind of sit around and not do much. That is sort of how this weekend was...Saturday was pretty relaxing. Kelly and I went to town to do some shopping and once again got sent on a wild goose chase looking for "S" hooks. Sadly we did not find them here in Pucallpa, but we are hoping that our soon to be neighbor can find them for us in Lima. Once we have those lovely hooks we will be able to hang up our hammocks that we have had for about 2 months now.

Today was a little busier but it was still a good day. After church and lunch I came back and took a nap for a little bit...always nice on a Sunday. I then got to talk to my mom! I love talking to my mom...she is great! I then told myself that I HAD to get some work done and so I took my computer and headed over to my classroom. One of the great benefits of living right next door to the school is being able to go over easily on the weekends to do work. I sat at my desk, turned on my wonderfully crazy Matt music and started to work. I actually got a lot done in the hour and a half I was at school. I finished grading all my papers for the 3rd quarter and got all the grades put into my computer so I can figure out grades by Tuesday. I got back home and talked with Kelly for a bit and then decided that my toenails needed to be re-painted. So Kelly and I had a fun little pedicure session and now have pretty purple toes!

Anyway, today at church the sermon was on 2 Corinthians 1:3-11. It was a really good message and of course spoke to my heart. This passage is talking about suffering and how Christians suffer and go through hard times so they can learn how to comfort others and how to completely rely on God and not on their own selves. The things my pastor pointed out were so true and I could see how God has already used many trials in my life so I could help others. How else are you going to know how to comfort others going through hard times if you haven't been through them yourself. You need to first experience the love and comfort of God before you can show that love and comfort to others.

It still amazes me how God can use me to encourage others. They are usually going through something that I have never experienced and yet God still uses me to encourage and help them during their hard time. I continually feel honored to be used by God and love serving Him in the smallest ways. I was told today that I have such a great attitude, especially towards life here. You know, as nice as that is to hear, I have to remember it is not because of me that I have a great attitude, it is completely God. Without Him, I would not be able to have the attitude I have about life here in the jungle.

Well, enough of my rambling thoughts for tonight...remember that God is so much bigger than any of our problems...even the ones that seem ginormous to us. Go to Him for your comfort and you will find loving arms to hold you tight and carry you.

No comments: