Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A new friend

So, I am sure some of you are probably wondering where the second post of vacation pictures is...well let me explain. I, first of all, have a very slow internet connection and uploading pictures onto my blog just takes forever and is annoying. Second of all, I haven't had much time to just sit and upload pictures onto my blog. And lastly, I made a new friend this week and would rather write about her right now instead of uploading pictures.

My new friend's name is Sarah and she is here visiting for a week. She was a teacher here at SAM Academy last year and was roommates with my roommate, Kelly. She went back to the states last summer and decided that she wanted to come back and visit on her spring break. So here she is visiting for the week and I am so glad that I have had the chance to meet her. She is an amazing woman and we get along really well. It is always fun to meet new people who have been where you are and you can find lots of things to talk about. I think I have kind of shocked her a bit as we have talked. She has been asking me all the normal questions people ask the new missionaries...how do you like it here, are you adjusting, how are you dealing with culture shock, what do you miss the most from the states, how long are you going to stay. Well, my answers to those questions are not really the ones you would expect to hear from someone who has only been here 5 months and doesn't really speak the language. But that is ok...it is fun to shock people sometimes.

Today I started my Spanish tutoring with Rosemary and Emily. I think it is going to be a great help to me. We are going to focus mostly on conversation and verb conjugation. Two things that are pretty hard for me. But this is going to stretch me a lot and it will definitely improve my Spanish before I get to language school this summer. I can't believe that I only have about 2 months before I will be leaving my wonderful home of Pucallpa and heading to Arequipa for a month and a half. One of the missionaries tonight asked me if I was getting excited about language school in Arequipa...and I was honest with him. I told him sort of but I really love it here in Pucallpa. He thought that was a good thing because that guaranties that I will be excited to come back at the end of my time in Arequipa.

Well, that is about it for now. Please pray for me as I finish the quater this week and have grades to do by next Tuesday. Also please pray that I will be diligent in my Spanish studies and that this time before language school will greatly improve my Spanish. One more thing, pray that all the details for language school will work out and come together quickly...it would be nice to know that I have a place to live and a spot in the school. Thanks!

No comments: