Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Random Pucallpa things...

So here are some pictures of some random things that I find interesting here in Pucallpa. They might not seem strange to you...or they might. But I think they are pretty funny!

Ginormous carrot from the market. Electrolight, Peruvian Gatorade.


Some vultures just chillin' in the tree. A lemon...if you can call it that.
So Sunday we had a ton of rain and with that rain the bridge on the road between Lima and Pucallpa was washed out. So for the next three weeks at least we won't be able to get much from Lima, which means prices are going up! It is crazy how fast the prices can go up on even local things. I mean come on we grow bananas here and have chickens that lay plenty of eggs, why do the prices have to go up? Oh well, hopefully they will get the bridge fixed quickly so things can move between the cities again.
On another note, I am feeling much better. I think I just had some flu bug that only lasted a day. I am so glad that it didn't last longer than one day. So work again this week and then on Friday I get to go spend the night out at the lake. I am excited to spend some time out there and just relax away from the noise of the factories and the town. Hopefully I will get some more fun random pictures to share with you.

No comments: