Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Apartment mascot

So ever since I got here I have noticed one particular gecko that every night comes out and hangs out on the screen right by our table. The first time I noticed him it was because I saw that he was missing his tail. So it was easy to know if it was the same gecko or not since all the others around had their tails still. I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that his tail is finally starting to regrow and gets a little longer every day. So yesterday Kelly and I decided that this gecko needed a name since he always hangs out on our screen. So we finally settled on the name Stubs! So meet Stubs. This is about all we ever see of him since he is on the outside of our screen, but it is fun to sit there and watch him each the bugs.

And if he is in the right light you can pretty much see right through his body except for where his stomach is. It is pretty interesting. Oh the interesting times of living in Pucallpa! But hey at least I have an apartment mascot that is good for my apartment....he eats all those nasty mosquitoes that want to come in and bite me! Ok, I guess that is enought about my apartment mascot. Now I should go and pack since I leave for Lima tomorrow!

1 comment:

The Listros said...

Christi,
I just found your blog. it is so wonderful to hear how you fairing down in Pucallpa. I pray our support comes in so our kids can have for their teacher, too.
God bless you,
Amy Listro