Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Peruvian style

Well, today is the 4th of July and I wasn't really sure how I was going to celebrate it down here. I didn't really care if I did anything to celebrate. But I have gotten to celebrate the holiday Peruvian style. I went to classes this morning and found out that we were going to celebrate teacher's day. There was a cake and flowers for the teachers at school and we had a good time celebrating all they do for us before my first class. Because of the party my grammar class was shorter than usual...it was nice and I was glad for the shorter time. Then during the break between my grammar and practica class we had a party for a family that was leaving. These are always fun and of course there was more cake. So we were eating the cake for that when we then get told that we were going to have hamburgers and hotdogs in celebration of the 4th of July. So instead of having my practica class I got to hang out with the teachers and the other students at the school. It was a great way to celebrate the 4th. It was really nice of the school to have a celebration for us Americans at the school. It was definitely different than grilling out back in the U.S. but it was a good time! And now a group of us are going to the movies and then there is another 4th of July party with some other Americans that we are going to. In all, it has been a great day and I even got to celebrate the 4th.

No comments: