Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hammocks

One thing I love about being here in Peru is the hammocks. I have always loved hammocks and I am very excited to have one of my own here. Today Kelly and I are going hammock shopping in town. It should be lots of fun! When we decided to get hammocks we had to first decide where to hang them. We don't really have the largest place with lots of empty space of one hammock, let alone two. But we have figured it out. The building we live in used to be the boys dorm when SAM Academy was a boarding school. So our apartment is made up of about three of the old dorm rooms. Right out side our front door there is the hall that leads to the rest of the building that is used for when teams are here. There is sort of this little porch area with lots of space since the only thing really out there is a table. So we have decided that we are going to hang our hammocks out there! It is going to be great. We will anchor some hooks into the wall and then whenever we aren't using the hammocks we can take them down so they aren't in the way. It is going to be so nice to have a hammock to lay in and read...they are so comfortable. Some day when I have my own house...there will definitely be a hammock in it. I have so many fun memories from the hammock we had growing up...it will be nice to have that again. So once the hammocks are hung up, I will take a picture and post it for you all to see!

Only 41 days until spring break starts!

No comments: