Monday, January 21, 2008

Visa adventures

Well, it has definitely been an adventure trying to get my resident visa for Peru. I started the process when I entered the country in November. I have been here on a tourist visa since then and waiting for my resident visa to be ready so I could go pick it up. The problem with that is that I have to leave Peru in order to get my visa. So then the question became where am I going to go and who am I going to go with? Well, everyone figured I would just go to Chile with Tim and Hannah who came in the country about a week before me and need to get their visas too. But then the problem was when do we go and how am I going to get there since we are in different parts of the country. Well, it is finally all worked out! I can't wait to get it all done and not have to worry about that part anymore. So in March SAM has it's annual field conference and this year it is going to be in Arequipa (where Tim and Hannah are). Well, this works well for me....I get to go to Arequipa a few days early, meet up with Tim and Hannah and then the three of us are going to head to Chile at the end of February. It is going to be fun and hopefully quick and easy. Please pray that we don't have any problems getting our visas and can get everything done in one day. We aren't really giving ourselves more than one day to get it all done. I am just glad that I finally know what I will be doing and I get to see at least a little bit of Chile! It has definitely been an adventure figuring this all out.

No comments: