Monday, August 25, 2008

Crazy times

Been a while but I just haven't felt like there is much to write about. The first week of school went pretty well...no major issues. It is nice to have school started again but it will be even better when I actually have kids to teach. Right now I just go over to ring the bell and check on things every once in a while. Otherwise I don't have a ton that I need to be doing. I have been finishing up decorating my classroom. I finally finished doing that today and need to start working on getting things ready to teach when my kids get here in about 2 weeks. It is a small school this year, but it is still good. We have the teachers we need to at least cover all the classes. That is better than last year!

Tonight was dinner over at the Lucas'...it was fun to hang out with them for a while again and play games with them. Always a nice change from staring at the walls of my apartment. =) Tomorrow is usually the night I cook for the guys after soccer, but David's cousin and friend are visiting and so we are all going to go out to eat. It will be fun to hang out with the guys...and of course eat good food. (Not that mine wouldn't have been good, it is just better when someone else cooks it)

I am still adjusting to having people living with me again. It is interesting how all summer I pretty much was dreading having to live on my own. But then I had a few weeks of living alone and now that I have roommates again I am having to adjust back to roommate mode. I think I am having a harder time doing that than I did adjusting to living alone. But it looks like I won't have roommates for too much longer. The house is making great progress and will most likely be done in the next week or two. Then it will be time for me to adjust back to living alone. No wonder I haven't really felt myself the past couple of weeks...lots of changes in a very short time.

Well, another day of school tomorrow. I'm going to focus and hopefully get a lot done on my lesson plans. Here are a few pictures of my classroom and one of me...it has been a while I know! :~)

No comments: