Tuesday, August 26, 2008

6.3

Well, this afternoon I was sitting in my hammock reading after school when I felt my hammock begin to shake. At first I thought it was the fan mounted on the wall that I had blowing on me...but quickly realized what it really was...an earthquake. Yep! Another earthquake for me to experience. This one was a 6.3 according to the U.S. Geological website and the center was only 60 miles north of Pucallpa. It was pretty interesting to feel the difference of an earthquake in a cement house and an earthquake in a wood house. The wood house moves a lot more and you can feel the smaller shaking as the earthquake builds and then ends. It was pretty cool and a much different experience from the one in Arequipa. I much prefer earthquakes to happen when I am awake and aware of them. =) But no damage here...the most that happened in my house was a picture frame fell off a shelf but thankfully the glass didn't break. I am not sure what kind of damage there is closer to the center of the earthquake, but I am sure I will hear in the next few days. I am praising God for His safety and for His amazing creations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is quite the adventure! I'm glad everything is alright.