Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ceiling fan!

Today was an exciting day...I finally have a ceiling fan in my room again!! My ceiling fan died at the end of February shortly before conference. Like everything else here it was taken downtown to see if they could repair it. Sadly it was pronounced officially dead a couple of weeks ago. Now as sad as that is...it is also good because that means I get a new fan. John installed my new ceiling fan this morning and it is wonderful. The oscillating fan that I have been using is really not that great. It has sort of done it's job, but I needed to have it right next to my bed in order to actually feel any air from it. And with the weather here in Pucallpa, if you don't have a fan...you will not survive. So thankfully I now have a brand new ceiling fan that actually has multiple speeds and will hopefully keep me sweat free while in my room.

Classes are going well this week. It is nice to have a week that doesn't have anything besides just normal things happening. Last week we had a visitor 2 days of the week, the week before was testing and one of my students came back after being gone for a semester. This week has been easy in comparison...of course it is only Tuesday...a lot can still happen. It has kind of been an emotional week for me though. Thursday is Jennie's birthday and it is the first time since she died that I won't be able to be with my family for her birthday. I still have a hard time believing that is has been 2 1/2 years since she died. Some days it seems like just yesterday. The other day I was looking through some things of hers that I had brought with me. I am glad that I brought them with me to help me remember her, but it is so hard to look through those things and think of all the things she won't be here for. So I think come Thursday I am going to have to make sure I have at least one person to hang out with for the night...otherwise I will probably just end up crying all night. Which isn't bad...but I also don't want to spend my night wishing she was here when I know she is in a much better place. Anyway, it will be a hard week, but I know it will be good too because God is in control.

No comments: