Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hammocks soon???

So I have realized that I only have 8 weeks left until I will be leaving for language school in Arequipa. It is crazy how fast time has flown by....I have been here 5 months already and the school year is almost over. We started the 4th quarter this week and next week we have our lovely, wonderful Stanford tests. The kids are half excited half not excited. They don't have homework all week because we are not allowed to give them any, but they have to take hours of tests during the week. Oh well, it should be an interesting time. I am in charge of testing for the 2nd grader...should be pretty easy most of the time. I think the hardest thing will be making sure that he stays focused on the tests and not on things that might be happening outside.

Anyway, today has been a pretty relaxing day. I went over to the school to actually do some work for next week and then remembered we had testing and the things I was going to work on, I didn't need to. So I have spent the rest of the day reading and Kelly and I are going to put up the rings for our hammocks. The part to connect the hammocks to the rings should be getting here in the next few days. Once we have that part we can enjoy our hammocks whenever we want to! I am very excited about this. They are going to be so much more comfortable to sit in. Our couches are not all that comfortable. Like Matt said, "it is like sitting on a lifevest." Which is pretty much true...the material used it pretty much the same stuff used in lifevests. WOW, that was pretty random now wasn't it. Oh well, you've got to have that every once in a while to keep people on their toes. I guess that is it for the random thoughts...

1 comment:

Red said...

You've been tagged. What does this mean? It means you have to come to my blog and find out what this means.

and yes, I AM jealous, if that's what you were going for.