Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sideways rain

Well, yesterday I practiced spanish, gained another neighbor, had some of my books that I use pretty much every day get soaked, walked through puddles in my bedroom, and enjoyed meeting new people at prayer meeting. I guess I should go back and explain what those all mean.

First, my spanish tutoring with Rosemary in on Wednesday and so I practiced my spanish by telling about my home church and summarizing a story that I read. I felt like I did much better this week than last week and Rosemary said she saw a lot of improvement already. So that was good to hear and very encouraging too. Second, I gained a new neighbor because the new pilot, David, finally arrived yesterday from Lima. He moved in next door with Chris. It will be fun to have another person to hang out with. The third and fourth ones kind of go together. It decided that it wanted to pour yesterday. Not just a normal jungle rain...this was a driving rain with lots of wind and of course the wind blew the rain sideways right through our lovely windows with no glass. Yes, it ended up getting quite a few of my books wet both in my bedroom and in the kitchen. And of course with the wind blowing that hard, the rain came in the windows and proceeded to make puddles on my bedroom floor, Kelly's bedroom floor and the kitchen floor. And the fifth one is I met a couple, Nathan and Julia, who came down to visit and are hoping to come down here soon. Nathan is another pilot and both he and David went to Moody Aviation in TN. It was fun getting to know them a little better especially if they do end up coming here.

Yeah, yesterday was a good day. Today was the last day of Standford testing, so that alone makes today a good day. I am hoping to have a relaxing night tonight...maybe watch a movie or just enjoy my book. I feel very worn out from the testing schedule at school plus having to adjust everything in my classroom to now teach three grades at one time. I am hoping that once we get back to a normal class schedule that things will feel a little less stressful. I also found out yesterday that I will get to have a teacher aid for the last part of April and all of May! I am so thankful that God is providing this for me. It will greatly help me out and it will benefit the kids too. Have two teachers to go to will be good for them...they won't have to wait as long to get answers to their questions. God always provides....and I am so thankful He does!

No comments: