Monday, June 23, 2008

I have come to really enjoy my weekends. They are a nice break from classes and yet I still do use some of my spanish. This weekend I spent a lot of time with friends just hanging out and enjoying the fun things of this beautiful city. Friday night I finished my homework and then Christy, David, Cassie and I all went back to Christy and David's house to watch a movie. It was nice to just chill and watch a movie with friends. Then Saturday a bunch of us met up for lunch and had some great Turkish food since the Mexican place wasn't open yet. Then Christy, Marshall, David and I went to "Siglo XX" to do some shopping. I wasn't actually looking for anything but ended up buying some slippers to keep my feet nice and warm while I am here in Arequipa. We ended up running into some other missionaries and talked with them for at least an hour. It was fun to get to know them and of course like with most missionaries, find little connections between us. Then Saturday night Christy and David came over and we played cards for a while. It is always fun hanging out with them and it is nice to build friendships now since we will all be in Pucallpa sooner or later. Then of course Sunday was church and after church....watching futbol (soccer) during lunch. I think I am slowly learning to enjoy watching futbol, which is good if I am going to live in Peru...it is very popular here. =) Then there was the weekly get together at the Doolittle's house. It is always fun to go over there, play games with everyone, sing American worship songs together and have some time praying for each other. It was a good weekend and I was able to get some more pictures of the mountains/volcanoes. The view from the roof of our house is great and I think I might have to spend some more time up there.

A little better view of Misti.

This is a picture of Chachani.

A view of the street from our roof...such a great view.

A view in the other direction of the street from the roof.


So far this week (the one day so far) has gone much better than last week. I feel like I am slowly able to make more connections between what I know in my head and what comes out of my mouth. Hopefully, things will continue to connect and I will be able to express myself more clearly in spanish. Ahora, yo voy a estudiar mis verbos! (Now, I am going to study my verbs) Chau!

No comments: