Monday, June 9, 2008

Yipee!

So this morning Chris and I headed to "Migraciones" to finish up my paperwork for my carnet. We got there about 8:05 and called the CONEP office to see where we were supposed to meet the guy. So they told us were to go and we only had to wait about 10 minutes before he showed up. So I watched them put information into the computer, got my picture taken, had my fingerprints taken digitally (which was really nice and should be the only way to do fingerprints), and then waited for at least an hour. But by 10:30 I had my carnet in my hand and way free to go! I am so thankful that everything was able to be done today and that I didn't have to wait any longer for my carnet. Thank you to all of you who have been praying about this with me. Please know that I greatly appreciate your prayers.

So after all of that was done, we came back to the guest house and got to see Marshall, David and Ed before they left to head to Arequipa. It was good to see Marshall and catch up with him a bit before we both get busy with language school. Chris and I then went and did some shopping and I decided that I wanted to buy a book in Spanish to help me understand more...so I bought The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and The Magician's Nephew. I figured they are books that I know well enough in English that I shouldn't have too hard of a time reading them in Spanish...I guess we will have to wait and see.

No comments: