Monday, June 16, 2008

Well, this weekend was really nice. I didn't have a ton to do for homework, which is always nice on the weekend. Saturday I worked on homework in the morning, then we had a parrillada (BBQ) at our house for some friends that are leaving to go back to Canada. It was fun to have everyone over and enjoy the good food and company.


Litos (Juan Carlos) and Pedro...my hermano and papa in Arequipa...grilling the wonderful food!

My friend Christy standing in the backyard of my house...it is a very nice house...although it does get pretty cold!

Yay! A picture with me in it...I know it is pretty amazing!

After the wonderful parrillada, I talked to my mom on the phone for a while and then headed downtown to my favorite coffee shop. I meet Christy and Cassie there and we hung out there for a little while.

Christy working on her computer at the coffee shop...got to love the free wireless internet.

After the coffee shop, Christy and I headed to the "mall" to find some jeans for me. It was definitely an adventure since I have no clue as to what size I am here in Peru. But it turned out well, with Christy's help I was able to find a pair of jeans that actually fit me and that were reasonably priced. We were then supposed to meet friends for a movie but it turned out the times we had for the movie were wrong. So we ended up sitting around the food court for a while. The others decided they still wanted to see the movie and so they stuck around to watch the movie later and I came home and called one of my good friends. It was nice to talk to her for a while and just catch up. I really am enjoying having high-speed internet here in Arequipa. It makes life a little easier.

This is an attempt to get a picture of the volcano Misti...but it is a little hard to get a decent picture in a moving car. I will try to get a better one soon.

Sunday was Father's day and so after church we had a special meal. It was nice to hang out with other people from church, however after trying to follow a conversation for almost 40 minutes in spanish...my brain was a little fried. So I came home and took a nap before Marshall and I headed over to the Doolittle's for a fun evening of games, food, worship and prayer. It was great to spend time with others from school and not have to talk in spanish. It was a great weekend! I am very thankful for the friends I have made here already and the opportunities to hang out with them. Like right now...off I go to my favorite coffee shop to study verbs!!!

No comments: