Friday, June 13, 2008

Well, two weeks of language school are behind me. It has been a crazy two weeks with me coming and going...but they have been good too. I am learning a lot and looking forward to learning even more as the weeks go on. Last night Marshall and I sat and made flashcards for all of our irregular verbs...we have at least 200 cards. It is crazy how many different verbs I have to learn the meaning to and learn how to conjugate them. But I guess it is good...I am expanding my vocabulary! However it is a little annoying when you have 2 or 3 different words for the same thing and they all get used regularly. Ah the joys of another language!

Tonight I think is going to be a relaxing night...I have been tired all day and will benefit from staying home. I might work on homework, but will probably save it for tomorrow. My brain is too tired to think in Spanish tonight. It is amazing how quickly things can change in this house. Last week I was the only student staying here with the family. I came back from Lima on Tuesday and all of a sudden there were three guys staying here too. And now we are back down to just me and Marshall. It is crazy how fast and often things change around me...it is helping me to learn to be more flexible. =) David and Ed left this afternoon to head back to Lima. Ed, I believe, flies out of Lima tonight. It was fun to get to know him after hearing about him from David. I hope to see him again some day and meet his wife too, it sounds like we would have some things in common. Anyway, that has all added to the craziness of my week...but I guess it has been good craziness. But I think it is also what has made me so tired today. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better and be able to have fun hanging out with people.

No comments: