Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New friend and spanish...

Well, today was my first full day of language school. I think it went pretty well. Some of it was hard and some of it was easy. I think I will definitely learn a lot during my time here. I have made a new friend already...her name is Christy. She is my classmate for grammar. She was the lucky one to show me the route on the combi and we have already started studying together. It is nice to have someone already to hang out with and get to know the city with. Having Christy to hang out with should be a big help for me. For the most part, the areas where I know I really struggle, she seems to be better in. And the areas I am a little better in, I can help her out. Besides the Kooistras, there is one other person here that I have met already. It is nice to at least see a face that I recognize. Plus Marshall will be coming soon and that will be another person I know already. God is definitely working here and helping me to feel a little more comfortable. Now if it would only not be so cold here... oh well, I guess I can't have everything.

As far as my carnet stuff, I will be heading back to Lima this Sunday and staying there until Tuesday afternoon. I should get everything else done during that time and have my carnet ready to be picked up when I am done here in Arequipa. Sadly, this means I have to miss two days of classes, but there isn't much I can do about that. Well, time to finish my homework and then hop in bed to stay warm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you!! I´ve resorted to stalking you thorough your blog, hahahhaha :) Love you! Kel