Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Field Day

Today was field day at school. It was a great time! The kids all did a great job competing. It is always a little tricky to do field day with a really small school, but it works out. The kids competed by their grade level, which made for some interesting competitions. There is only one boy in the high school and so he didn't have anyone to compete against...but he still tried his hardest to break some records. The elementary kids did great and broke some of the elementary records. Middle school did great too...they also broke some of the records. In all it was a fun day and I know the kids were glad to only have half a day.

Tomorrow is another full day of school and there isn't much left to do. The kids and I are going to wash out the desks and shelves. Then we will most likely play some games and just enjoy the last few days of school. I leave on Sunday for Lima and still haven't started to pack. I guess I am just not all that motivated to pack up my stuff for the summer. I'm sure I will start soon enough...maybe Thursday or Friday. At least I am only taking one suitcase with me to Arequipa...that will make this a little easier. The rest of my stuff I just have to pack to store in our cool room for the 2 months I am gone.

Anyway, I have been enjoying some relaxing free time. Last night I sat and talked with David about friends from Moody for about an hour. It was really nice to sit and talk about college days again. Today I enjoyed a nap in my hammock and I am now watching a movie while working on a game for prayer meeting tomorrow night. Ahh...the joys of procrastination!

No comments: