Saturday, May 3, 2008

Peruvian Labor Day

Well, Thursday was a holiday here in Peru and so we had no school. Got to love being in a different country when teaching...you get to take American and the other countries holidays. =) Anyway, so it was kind of a random day to have off since we had to go back to school the day after. But that is ok...I still had a great day. I actually went and did some work in the morning, grading papers and putting the grades in my computer. And then the fun began! My neighbors: Chris, David and Kyle (visitor), decided that they wanted to go out for lunch. But I reminded them that things would most likely be closed since it was a Peruvian holiday. So we decided to combine the little food we both had and we made hamburgers and french fries. It was a lot of fun to cook with the guys and hang out with them. After lunch the four of us wanted to play Risk and so I finally learned how to play. And I actually did pretty well considering it was my first time. I might have even won if we had finished playing. By the time we had reached the 4 hour mark and it had just gotten down to David and me, we decided to call a truce and end the game. But it was lots of fun and I will enjoy playing again. After we finished with Risk we made dinner and then watched a movie. It was a great day spent with some fun guys. Days off are always better when you have people to spend them with!

No comments: