Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mother/Daughter Banquet

Well, tonight was the mother/daughter banquet here at SAM Center. It was a great time for all the women to get together either with their daughters or just with friends. We had some special music, wonderful food, picture time, games and a great speaker. Kelly M. was our speaker and she did a great job of speaking about the women who have influenced her life and the way she parents her kids. It was great to hear how she has learned from the other women here on the field and hear her encourage us younger women to learn as much as we can from the older women. I was in charge of taking the pictures of the women. It was a lot of fun and kind of nice to do some photography again. I think for the most part the pictures turned out well and I'm sure the women will love to have recent pictures with their daughters. I also sang as part of the special music...it brought back memories of choir in college, especially since we sang a song from my years of choir. It was great to be a part of the banquet and help make it special for the other women. It would have been even better to have my mom there with me to celebrate mother's day, but at least I was able to do what I could for the other moms.

In other news...time is moving fast here. There is a little over three weeks of school left and then I leave for language school. It is kind of crazy how quickly time has passed since I got here. It has already been 6 months since I came to Pucallpa. So much has changed in such a short time...I am so curious to see what other changes God has for my life. I think the next biggest change will be learning to live by myself. It looks like I won't have a roommate for at least the first semester of the new school year...I am praying that God will give me great peace about living by myself. It will definitely be a change for me. I have always had a roommate...but I guess it has to happen sometime. I guess as long as I have friends to hang out with I will be ok. We will see when that time comes. Until then...I must focus on finishing up the school year and learning my Spanish!

No comments: